Thursday, June 26, 2008

Welcome To New Readers

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 70 degrees, high 92 degrees, partly cloudy

Terri has an account on My Facebook. Today, she added a link to our blog from her Facebook account so she could share what I write with her friends. I wonder what kind of traffic we will see from that? Welcome to new readers.

Today was one of those rare days that we did not go out to Terri's house. After yesterday's hard work, we needed a break. We did not go anywhere or do anything to speak of. My walk this morning was good, with the sun staying behind the clouds. It was still hot, but not nearly as bad as it could have been. Back to the salt mine tomorrow.

In the afternoon, Terri asked me to go to the University with her as she took care of some errands. She knows that I like the campus, and am trying to learn my way around it. Generally, I am a laid back driver, not getting in a hurry, staying well back from the rear of the vehicle in front of me, and driving like an old man. Terri, on the other hand, is a typical career girl type of driver, always in a hurry, driving too close to other cars for my comfort, and arriving for appointments closer to the due time than I feel comfortable with. I have tried to keep my mouth shut about her driving, because I don't want to come off as being critical. Today, however, I finally said something about how close I felt she was driving to the cars in front of her. I asked her to remember that I am older and not used to this type of driving. Could she please not drive so close? She responded that traffic in Tuscaloosa requires driving the way she drives. My response was that I seem to get around fine driving like an old man. She did back off a little, and I hope this will become a habit with her. At least when I'm in the car.

Late in the day, we decided we wanted some Mexican food, but have not found a Mexican restaurant that was worthy of the name. At least in our opinion. So, you will know we were desperate for Mexican food when we went to Taco Bell. After eating at the Taco Bell in Northport, the only thing I can say is I sure miss the Mexican food in Texas. We'll keep searching for a decent Mexican restaurant, but right now it doesn't look good for finding one.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Sequim, Washington: The Banana Belt Of America

Not all who wander are lost.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wanted to link something so you could see it. It is the blog my mom and dad and I read each morning. We were asked to finish a sentence "My cancer..." Well they made a photo montage of a handful of the 400 responses. Our picture made it.
http://www.npr.org/blogs/mycancer/2008/06/my_cancer_1.html#commentSection

Gina

Anonymous said...

Click on the photo gallery box to see the pics. The arrows are on the bottom left to go through them.

Gina

Jerald said...

That's really touching. Kathy has shown a great deal of courage.