Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Obama versus McCain

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 70 degrees, high 94 degrees, mostly clear skies

We didn't have much going on today, other than buying some groceries and some minor chores at Terri's house. As I write this post, it looks like the big news of the day is that Obama has been declared the Democratic nominee for president, joining McCain as the Republican nominee. In my opinion, neither nominee stands out as a strong candidate. Is this the best we can do?

Neither candidate has said or done anything that makes me think he would be an outstanding president. It appears to me that both of them offering more of the same old politics, with Obama having the most liberal voting record in the Senate, while McCain offers up policies that used to be Democratic Party standards. Obama makes flowery speeches, without giving specifics about what he would do. He says trust me. Well, look at the politics of the church that he just resigned from after 20 years of membership. And he didn't know what their views were before? Come on. McCain has said he will support sanctuary cities for illegal aliens. Both of them will open our borders to more illegal aliens, and entitlements (giveaways) will mushroom. Where is a true conservative when we need him or her?

As I have said before, I am concerned for the future of our country. The events in the primary elections have not done anything to make me feel better.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Winter Haven, Florida: The Chain Of Lakes City

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: