Thursday, June 5, 2008

Lookers

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 71 degrees, high 94 degrees, partly cloudy most of the day, a shower in the mid-afternoon

I spent part of the day mowing most of the yard at Terri's house. There was a breeze blowing, which helped with the heat until near the end, when it stopped. Then it got hot. It rained for about 15 minutes in the afternoon, which made the humidity feel like a wet blanket. Have I said before that I don't like the humidity?

Around noontime, the people who came to see the house and property yesterday were back. We told them to look around as much as they liked, and turned them loose to go where they wanted. They took that permission literally, and walked in on Terri as she was changing clothes. After apologies were made, they continued on with their tour of the property. The interest level seems even higher than yesterday, and we discussed price and items that would stay with the house. As they left, they said they would be in touch. We shall see. If this family backs out, we will be placing the property with a real estate company on Monday. It would be nice if we don't have to do that.

Thomas challenged me to another game of basketball. I guess some people like to be punished. The score was tied 10-10 when we had to stop. I had him just where I wanted him, ready to pound him into the concrete. Lucky for him we had to stop. Then the little scamp goes and tells his mom that he beat me because he had me where he wanted me. It's a shame kids don't respect their elders today.

Tomorrow I will be doing the weed eating. I hate that job, with the dirt, sweat, and noise. It always wears me out.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Helena, Alabama: You Have A Bright Future In Helena

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: