Sunday, June 29, 2008

Bought Groceries on Sunday

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 72 degrees, high 89 degrees, mostly cloudy, strong thunderstorms in the afternoon

We did not do much of anything of substance today, other than go for a four mile walk, buy groceries, sell the trampoline, take care of a couple items at Terri's house, go to Birmingham to pick up Thomas - wait a minute, I just realized why I'm tired. I've been busy!

We had decided that we wouldn't buy groceries on Sunday anymore because it's always so busy. However, we were at the point that it was to go to the WalMart Mall for groceries or do without. Since I'm not too keen on doing without, we went to my favorite Mall, which is about three miles away. Fortunately for us, the Mall was not too busy, and we were able to get in and out without too many hassles. After putting the food away, we went out to Terri's because I received a call from a person about buying the trampoline. The caller arrived and liked the trampoline, so I helped him get it taken apart and loaded in his truck. I'm sure it came apart easier than it will be put back together.

After taking care of a couple other little errands, we rode to Birmingham with Terri to pick up Thomas after a visit to see his father in Athens. It rained hard on us most of the way there, but the weather cleared up before we started back, allowing an easy trip back to Tuscaloosa. Carolyn suggested we prepare some food to take with us and stop at a rest area on the way back for a picnic. So that's what we did. I should say Carolyn prepared the food. Egg salad rollups, chips, carrots with ranch dip, drinks, etc., and it was good. There's something about eating like this that seems to make food taste better.

We arrived home about 1930 hours, and were glad to get here. For a day that I didn't do much, I'm wore out.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - South Bend, Washington: Oyster Capital Of The World

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: