Friday, June 27, 2008

Work, Work, Work

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 70 degrees, high 92 degrees, partly cloudy most of the day with scattered showers late

It was back to the salt mine for us today. I did some more mowing and other little tasks, while Carolyn took care of some things in the house. I will be so glad when this place is off our hands. Work, work, work. I think my middle name has become work. This is not my idea of retirement. Don't get me wrong, we are glad we can help Terri. But we will be glad when this WORK is done.

In the middle of the afternoon, we went back to the RV and meditated for a couple of hours. It was a break that was needed and well-deserved. About 1600 hours, we started driving to Bessemer to deliver Thomas to his father, who was driving down from Athens, Alabama to pick him up for a weekend visit. On Sunday, we will have to go back to Bessemer to pick Thomas up and deliver him back to his house. Getting away for something different from WORK was nice, even if it was just to Bessemer.

After getting back from Bessemer, it was time for supper, so we decided to try out Ryan's, a buffet style steak house. We usually try to stay away from buffets, because it seems we always eat too much. Tonight was no different. Ohhhh! All I had was a couple of pieces of catfish, cole slaw (I love cole slaw), brussels sprouts, a piece of steak (small), and a little ice cream. That doesn't sound like much, but it was obviously more than I needed. After an episode like this, I always resolve to not do it again, and somehow I seem to forget. Maybe I'll tie a string on my finger to help me remember.

Speaking of eating, as we have gotten older, we have noticed that we don't get as hungry as we used to, and can't eat as much. We seem to do best with small meals 3-5 times a day, rather than three regular meals. I wonder why that is so?

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Carson City, Nevada: Proud Of The Past, Confident Of The Future

Not all who wander are lost.
Speaking

No comments: