Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Too Many Trips To Town

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 71 degrees, high 97 degrees, mostly clear until late in the afternoon, then mostly cloudy

Some days it feels like I stay in the truck all day running errands of one kind or another. Today was one of those days. Normally, we try to plan our errands so that we can get as much accomplished as possible with as few trips as possible. Unfortunately, today was one of those days where I had to make four separate times because combining trips did not work. In addition to being as efficient with my time as possible, I try to save a little money on diesel by combining trips. No money saved on diesel today.

On the last trip to town, we stopped at the WalMart Mall (my favorite store - if WalMart doesn't have it, you don't need it) for a few groceries. One item we buy with some regularity is tortillas. We grew to like them while living in Texas, and hardly ever buy any other kind of bread. We use them as rollups for all manner of foods, including hotdogs, ham, chicken, salad (yes, salad with a piece of meat is good), peanut butter and jelly....... Carolyn also makes quesadillas and home made tortilla chips with them. A side benefit is that tortillas are lower in calories and fat.

On one of my trips today, I went by the Tuscaloosa newspaper and placed ads for three items in it for the next week. In addition, there is a weekly shopper's paper in Northport that allows free ads, so I placed five ads in that paper. We are hopeful that we will be able to sell some more of Terri's unneeded items using this method of advertising. During that trip to town, I took a quart of paint by the paint store to get them to add some tint to the paint for touch up work in the house. That little task was successful, and the man at the store did a great job of getting the tint correct.

On one of the other trips, Carolyn and I met a realtor to view a house for sale in Northport. This house has been up for sale for approximately 14 months, which gives an idea of the real estate market in this area. At first glance, it appears the house may work for Terri and Thomas, so we made an appointment for them to see the house on Saturday. I'm not sure what will come of this viewing, but we have to keep looking until we find something that will work.

I hope tomorrow is a little slower. I'm wore out.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Scottsboro, Alabama: Lost Luggage Capital Of The World

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: