Saturday, June 21, 2008

Indiana Pop Pop

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 66 degrees, high 91 degrees, partly cloudy

We sold the motorcycle this morning, which means one less thing to get rid of. The man who bought the bike was pleased to find it, and was going to give it to his son. Now, only about 200 more things to do something with.

Today was easier than most of them have been lately. I repaired one of Terri's file cabinet drawers, which had gotten stuck and she couldn't open it. We collected some trash to get rid of, and helped Terri get some paperwork sorted and filed. We had forgotten how much stuff people who live in houses tend to accumulate. Everything we need to conduct our lives, including clothes, cookware, dishes, groceries, important papers, computer, television, and so forth are contained in our 31' RV. Life is so much simpler in the RV. Now, if we can just get on the road again.

After finishing at Terri's earlier than we expected, we went home and found that we had time to meditate. I was doing fine on the meditation until I found myself almost snoring. Enough of that, and time to do something else. We mow our lot in the RV park where we are staying. It was time to mow, so I did that as well as weed eating. After cooling off, we had supper. Then it was time for more meditation. I had not realized how tired I was.

As I was sitting here tonight writing the blog, I heard something that sounded like thunder. It was approaching rapidly and getter louder. Then the noise started fading away, but I could still feel it reverberating. That's when I realized the sound was a car with its stereo turned way up with the bass accentuated, and it was playing rap music. Yuck! I can't stand that kind of music, and then when it has the deep bass, it makes it even worse.

When our oldest grandson Julian was a small child, he started calling me Pop Pop. That name has been carried by the other grandchildren. About three years ago, we had not seen Julian for about six months. For some reason, he called me Grandpa. I immediately reminded him that he had named me Pop Pop, and I was proud of that name, and would prefer it if he called me that. This past week, for some reason I have not figured out, Thomas called me Indiana Pop Pop. Was it because he likes to hear our travel stories, or likes to hear about our lives and adventures? I don't know, but he is still doing it. That's okay, because I think he means it as a term of respect. There are many worse things he could call me.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Sleepy Hollow, New York: The Village That Is More Than A Legend

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: