Thursday, June 19, 2008

Jimmy Carter

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 59 degrees, high 86 degrees, clear skies

The last few days have been like early fall, and we're loving it. Lows in the 50s, highs in the 80s, low humidity, it doesn't get any better. And the best part of all is that this is June, which we think may be the hardest month to adjust to, since we are trying to get used to the warm weather after the cold of winter.

This area has some of the prettiest late evening scenes we have seen. With the hills, flowering trees and shrubs, green grass, and long shadows thrown by the setting sun, it all creates a feeling of beauty, calm, and peace. We can see why this area is considered desirable as a place to live.

We had another party look at the house today. They seemed impressed with what the house and property had to offer, and asked if they could come back to do a more complete tour. Of course we said yes, and offered to meet with them at any time. It was interesting that the husband arrived before his wife, and said to me that I looked familiar, had he ever met me before. I said no, but some people say I look like Jimmy Carter. He said that's it. I'm flattered that many people have said the same thing to me over the years, because I consider Jimmy Carter to be a good man. The only problem I had with him was that I did not and still do not agree with his political views.

When the wife of the man who was looking at the property arrived, she assumed for some reason that I was a lawyer. I don't know where that came from. Anyway, she said when I quit being a lawyer, I would make a good real estate person, because I gave the best tour they had ever gotten for a piece of property. Her husband said when I retired from politics, I should go into real estate. So, I guess that's where my next career will be. Go from being a lawyer to politician to Realtor. Quite a stretch.

We tried to get the sprinkler system for the property going today, but were not successful. It's tough to work on stuff like that when you don't know where the sprinkler heads are located and can't find them. Then there's the controls with an instruction book that reads like hieroglyphics. I'm giving up on that little project. If someone wants to use the sprinklers, they can figure it out for themselves.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Lone Pine, California: Gateway To Mount Whitney

Not all who wander are lost.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny!

Dad, John said that if anyone mistakes him for George Bush, he'll kill them.

-Lori

Anonymous said...

Dad,
John may be able to help with those hieroglyphics.