Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Relattively Easy Night

Elkmont, Alabama

Weather: low 28 degrees, high 53 degrees, partly cloudy to clear skies

I slept better last night after the wrist surgery than I thought I would. I woke up once about 0300 hours due to pain, but the good drugs I was given took care of that. I had no numbness or tingling in the wrist or hand. As long as I remember that the wrist was operated on yesterday, the pain is manageable. Let me forget and do something I shouldn't, and I come to my senses in a hurry. Of course, Carolyn doesn't miss a chance to razz me when I do something stupid.

After the good night's sleep, it took me a little while to get going this morning. Once I did, we started getting all the stuff in the home base sorted out and put where we can find it. We don't have much more in the house than we usually carry in the RV, but the house is not as organized as well as the RV is. There's an old saying about RV storage that goes "A place for everything, and everything in it's place." That's our goal for the house.

Recently, Carolyn had a medical test performed as part of her yearly physical. Last week, she received a call from the facility that performed the test that said she needed to go back for a followup test due to an anomaly in the first results. She had the followup test performed today, and we're waiting for previous years' test results to be sent from Texas so they can be compared with these more recent results. We'll keep everyone posted once we know what all this means. Hopefully, it's just an anomaly that can be explained with the previous results.

When we left the hospital, we went to see my sister Judy, who asked for some help with a computer problem she has been having. Her husband Roger was not there, having opened their truck accessories parts shop in Athens. Roger has been suffering with cancer for several years now, but still goes to his shop every day that he feels like it. He's one tough old bird.

Judy's computer problems were easy to find and repair, and I got her back online. That's quite a compliment to pay me, asking a non-geek like me for help on a computer. Maybe I'm getting smarter than I realized. Right, until my computer crashes again.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Oklahoma City, Oklahoma: The City

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: