Sunday, January 9, 2011

Waiting For The Blizzard

Elkmont, Alabama

Weather: low 17 degrees, high 30 degrees, cloudy, windy

Carolyn hasn't been out for a couple of days, so we decided to take a ride up to the Elkton, Tennessee area. The ride wasn't to see anything in particular, but to shake off some rust that will only get thicker if the threatened Great Blizzard of 2011 takes place.

The ponds were all frozen that we saw during our ride, but I don't know that I would trust the ice to hold me up. Maybe another day or two of the cold weather, and the ice will be strong enough to walk on. There was a lot of ice hanging off the rocks and cliffs along the drive.

During the drive, we decided to make a big circle by going to Huntsville and our favorite restaurant over there, Cheddar's. We tried going to Cheddar's on Friday, but it was just too busy. It was a different story today, as we drove in to the parking lot at 1100 hours. We were seated and served our meal within 20 minutes. As usual, the food was good, there was plenty of it, and we had enough left for supper.

After getting home, I tried to watch some of the pro football playoff games, but found myself drifting in nap land. The pros don't seem to have any attraction for me, and haven't for several years. On the other hand, give me a good college game, and I'm watching until the end. It's too bad the last college game will be tomorrow night, but I'll be watching. War Eagle!!

The storm has not hit this area yet as this post is being published at 2200 hours on Sunday night. The weather folks say there's not enough moisture in the air, but that will change. We're still being threatened with up to eight inches of snow. Terri lives in Tuscaloosa, and she posted on Facebook that the storm had reached there with snow and sleet about mid-afternoon.

I think I'll go to bed and dream about warm sunshine. This has seemed like a cold winter, so far.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Pueblo West, Colorado: Where Eagles Soar

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: