Thursday, January 27, 2011

Tired

Elkmont, Alabama

Weather: low 23 degrees, high 48 degrees, clear skies

Alert!!! We had a clear day!

For the first time in I don't know when, the skies were clear. Bright sunshine was the order of the day, and the temperature reflected the sunshine. Nice!

Both of us were tired when we got up this morning after our long trip of yesterday. As a result, I didn't get out of the house until almost 1100 hours, when I went to the library. I had checked out some books a few days ago, but we had already read one of them. Another one was read by me over the past few days, but Carolyn didn't care for it. Going to town was not an inconvenience, since I needed to go to the WalMart Mall for a handful of groceries.

The library here has had a benefactor donate a million dollars this week for the purpose of building a new library. The plan is to renovate an old Kroger's grocery store building, which would just about triple the size of available space. Only one problem: the city wants to use part of the building for a new city hall, and the benefactor put strings on the money which would require the entire building to be used for library purposes. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. One thing for sure - the current library is seriously lacking space and decent books.

Before I came home, I stopped at Lowe's to pick up some more blinds for the house. I thought the stop would be quick, since the size I needed was the same as what I bought two days ago. Well, it wasn't a quick stop, since there was a different clerk taking care of the blinds, and she didn't know how to cut them to the length I needed. After she messed up the first one, with me telling her that she was cutting it too short, she called for help, but the help she received wasn't any help at all. In fact, the help wandered away after a few minutes. Finally, I was able to help the lady understand what she needed to do, since I had paid attention when the other blinds were cut. About an hour after I got to the store, the blinds were finally cut. Whew! That seemed like it was harder than it needed to be.

A quick stop at the Mall was next, and then home to a late lunch. Later in the afternoon, we watched some of Tiger Woods' first golf tournament of the year. He still seems rusty, and it makes us wonder if he will ever play as well as he used to.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Vallejo, California: The V

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: