Sunday, January 23, 2011

Vertigo And A Slow Day

Elkmont, Alabama

Weather: low 18 degrees, high 38 degrees, mostly cloudy skies, a little breezy

I guess my enthusiasm got away from me yesterday when we took the little road trip up in to Tennessee. Carolyn's vertigo has been kicking her all day, and the only thing I can think of that might have caused it was the trip. It's a little frustrating, with one step forward and two back. To her credit, Carolyn is determined to keep doing as much as she can, as long as the nausea doesn't get too bad.

As a result of the vertigo, we didn't leave the house today, choosing instead to stay home and hug the gas log. Oh, I take that back - I did take a long walk this afternoon. At least it felt like a long walk, with the wind blowing in my face. So, it was a day of surfing the net, playing computer games, reading, and napping.

On my way back from the walk, I looked at the driveway and anything that might be in the way of parking the RV at the house. The driveway is wide enough and long enough, but there may be a mailbox across the street that gives me a problem. Of course, that mailbox would be easy to move, since it's ours. We're really hopeful we can bring the RV to the house so we can get it ready to travel. We are getting an awesome case of hitch itch, and the only thing that will help is pulling the RV down the road, on our way to adventure.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Columbia, South Carolina: Where Friendliness Flows

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: