Monday, July 7, 2008

Late Start

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 73 degrees, high 93 degrees, mostly clear

I got a late start on my walk this morning, and suffered the consequences with bright, hot sunshine. The humidity seemed worse and I was soaked with sweat by the time I had finished my trek. Normally, I try to begin my walk no later than 0630 hours. Today, it was almost 0900 hours before I started. I'll have to try to be more motivated and get started earlier in the future.

After my walk, I had enough errands to take care of in town that we did not get out to Terri's house until 1230 hours. Once there, we stayed busy until we left at 1730 hours. Among the work we did was some watering of plants and a quick run through on house cleaning to make sure it looked good if an interested person wanted to look at it. After that we spent the rest of the afternoon going through miscellaneous stuff, helping Terri sort out what she wanted to keep, what went to charity, and trash. We will finish that task tomorrow, then pack all of it up so we're ready to move it when the house sells. I'll go ahead and move the charity and trash stuff out of the house.

One of the tasks I did was to carry the contract on the house to the Realtor's office. She will probably be back tomorrow to take pictures and put up a sign. We are hoping for a quick sale, but the tough real estate market is tempering those hopes.

After getting home from Terri's, it was time to dump our holding tanks. This is a little task I have to do every two weeks or so. So, open the black water tank valve, flush the black water tank, close the black water tank valve, open the valves for the kitchen and shower tanks, and call it done for another two weeks. Piece of cake.

Just another day in Coker, Alabama.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Post Falls, Idaho: Idaho’s River City

Not who wander are lost.

No comments: