Thursday, July 10, 2008

Light Rain

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 75 degrees, high 100 degrees, partly cloudy until late in the afternoon, then all clouds - a few light sprinkles early in the evening. At the time this post is being written, it has been raining lightly for the last 30 minutes. I hope it keeps raining like this. Terri's yard needs it.

My good intentions of trying to walk earlier only lasted one day. It was well after 0700 hours before I got started this morning, and by the time my walk was finished, I had sweat dripping off my fingers. I hope no one is offended by my tales of sweat.

At the RV park where we are staying, we mow and weed eat our yard. It doesn't take much to do this little yard around us, but wouldn't you know that the mower ran out of gas with about five minutes work left. The gas container was at Terri's house, so I had to wait until late this afternoon to finish mowing. While I was finishing up, I mowed part of an elderly woman's yard who lives next to us. As far as I know, she didn't know what I was doing, so I hope she doesn't get upset with me.

When we went out to Terri's, I loaded up the stuff she wanted to give to charity and took it to the Salvation Army store in Northport. I don't take stuff like this into town until I have a trip planned, and it happened that I needed to run some errands. So it all worked out and we got rid of this stuff that is no longer needed. Maybe someone else can use it, and the Salvation Army can always use the money.

Today, the real estate company put a lock box on Terri's house and placed signs showing the house is for sale. Pictures will be taken of the interior on Monday, which will be posted on the Internet for prospective buyers to view. We're hoping for a lot of traffic and a quick sale. Then, maybe some of this work will be finished.

Our youngest daughter Lori and her family are on the way here for a visit of several days. Thomas is so excited, he can hardly stand himself. He has all kinds of things planned for his cousins Julian and Zoe. I think they're planning a trip to a water park near Bessemer tomorrow. Carolyn and I will probably pass on that. A day of fun for us would be a day with no work.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Zephyrhills, Florida: The Friendly City

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: