Thursday, July 31, 2008

Mowing

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 76 degrees, high 98 degrees, partly cloudy until the evening when we had a shower.

We left the RV about 0930 hours, headed to Terri's house to mow, weedeat, and other chores. By the time I stopped, I had put in about nine hours of mowing and weedeating. One good thing out of that long day is that I also mowed at the RV. I'm set now for no more mowing for at least a week, unless the grass goes crazy.

Tomorrow we'll go back to the house to clean out the flower beds and trim the shrubs. That should last for a couple of weeks. In addition, I'll touch up the door facings with some paint where they tend to get the paint knocked off. Looks like we might start getting some time off, and it will be welcomed.

This morning, I saw our landlords Ruth and Marsha. I refer to them and Billy Plowman as the Garden Genies because they have been giving us different vegetables the last few weeks. These folks really know how to grow a garden. Today, Ruth and Marsha gave us some fresh okra and jalapeno peppers. We intend to make good use of these vegetables. Thanks for sharing your bounty with us, Ruth and Marsha.

We had never eaten jalapeno peppers before we moved to Texas about 18 years ago. Once we were introduced to them, they became one of our favorite condiments. There is nothing like fresh tortilla chips with melted cheese drizzled over them and covered with pico de gallo (I hope I'm spelling this right)and jalapeno peppers. Ummm, boy!! That's good eating.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Denver, CO: Queen City Of The Plains

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: