Monday, July 21, 2008

More Hot Stuff

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 75 degrees, high 104 degrees, mostly clear until late in the afternoon, then cloudy

Today was the hottest day so far this summer, with the high reaching 104 degrees. It's starting to feel like north central Texas weather with the exception of the humidity.

After my morning walk, we had a few things to do around the RV before we went to Terri's house. I did the mowing and weedeating around the RV, then checked the water levels on the batteries for the RV and truck. Carolyn had some things she wanted to do, including cutting her hair. Have you ever seen a woman going after her hair with a set of electric clippers? Scary. She actually did a good job.

Once we got out to Terri's house, I got some boxes from the basement and moved them into the living room. Carolyn started packing everything that is not being used in that area. I went outside and started weedeating (not my favorite job) while the sprinklers ran. Once I finished outside, I was so hot and dirty, I went back to the RV and took a shower and put on clean clothes. Then it was back to the house to move the stuff out of the living room that had been packed. That included the theatre sound system that was connected to the HDTV.

The dogs got a good workout following me around while I was weedeating. I don't know if I mentioned it before, but the goofy dogs like to bite at the business end of the weedeater while it is running. That's in addition to them trying to bite the lawn mower while it is running. I've never seen anything like this from a dog before. The reason I mentioned the dogs is that the two males were picked up by their new family late this afternoon. Terri is heartbroken, but she knows that it is best for the dogs because they are being adopted by a family that will take good care of them. The family lives in the country with some acreage, and the dogs will not have to be penned up. They are good dogs, and we hope they do well with their new family. Carolyn and I will miss them.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Red Bay, Alabama: A Great Place To Live, Work, And Play

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: