Friday, July 11, 2008

Visiting With Lori And Family

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 74 degrees, high 98 degrees, partly cloudy early, mostly cloudy late

Lori and her family did not arrive until after 2200 hours last night. We met them at the intersection of US 82 and the West Bypass so we could show them where Terri lives. By the time we visited and caught up with how everyone was doing, it was almost midnight. I was unable to get to sleep until about 0100 hours, and woke up about 0415 hours. I couldn't go back to sleep and finally got up about 0445 hours. I hate when that happens.

Since I had gotten up so early, I decided to go for my morning walk as soon as it was light enough. As a result, my walk was finished by the time I usually start it. At least the sun didn't add to the heat, because it wasn't up yet. I hope this early rising doesn't become a habit.

We spent a good part of the day visiting with our daughters and their families at Terri's house. It is amazing how fast the grandchildren are growing up. Julian is 16 years old, Thomas is 12, and Zoe is 11. Before we know it, they will be in college.

About mid-afternoon, we came back to the RV. Everyone else was going to the mall, and that is not our favorite pastime. Going back to the RV gave us a chance to meditate a little, especially since I woke up so early. I didn't sleep, but the rest helped me feel better.

Terri bought a Verizon air card for her lap top computer so she could access the Internet wherever she is. Usually, when she is away from home, she can access fast connections. At her house, however, there is little to no signal, so the speed is very slow. I helped her order an antenna to attach to the air card with the hope that it would boost the signal enough that it would be usable. After using the antenna for a week, it was obvious that it was not helping. I contacted the company we ordered it from, and they are going to allow us to return it. Terri has decided she will make do with just the air card. When she moves to town, she won't have a problem with a signal. In fact, she should have broad band speed.

One of the people who was looking at the house called and told me they have decided to build a house, so that prospect is gone. However, another prospect has appeared, and they looked at the outside of the house today. We'll see whether they want to go any farther.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Weeki Wachee, Florida: City Of Live Mermaids

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: