Saturday, July 19, 2008

More Mowing

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 72 degrees, high 96 degrees, partly cloudy, hazy sky

Today's weather seemed to be a carbon copy of yesterday's. We need rain, so I started up the sprinkler system that I repaired a few days ago. The sprinklers do a fine job for the way they are designed to be used, but there's nothing like a good soaking rain to help the grass turn green.

Terri and Carolyn went to the apartment complex today so Terri could sign the lease for the apartment she is moving into by the end of July. She is looking forward to not having to drive so much, and Carolyn and I are looking forward to when the house sells so we don't have to do all the work required to keep the house in top shape for people to see it. Maybe we will be able to start traveling again. Wow, that would be a new experience.

While the women were in town, I was busy at the house (I think busy should be my middle name) mowing the outer reaches of the property so the grass and weeds don't get too high. Fortunately, this mowing does not have to be done very often, which helps. On Monday, I'll touch up the area around the house so it keeps looking good for prospective buyers. In addition, I'll use the weedeater, that instrument of torture I detest so much, to trim the driveway and sidewalks.

Tomorrow wil be traumatic for Terri. The two male dogs will be picked up their new family. She loves the dogs, and really does not want to let them go, but her new lifestyle and home will not be good for the dogs. We feel for her, but admire the way she is handling this.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Cordele, Georgia: City Of Progress

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: