Sunday, July 13, 2008

Windy

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 76 degrees, high 97degrees, partly cloudy

We're getting used to the high temperatures and humidity with no breezes that seems prevalent here in the summer. Today, we had fairly brisk winds that seemed more suited for Texas than Alabama. I'm not sure what caused the winds today, but it made things more comfortable outside. Here's hoping the winds continue, especially if I have to work outside.

I took my morning walk, and then late in the afternoon, we decided to get a milkshake. Once I got to the milkshake place, I decided I didn't want one. It has been many years since I have had a milkshake. For some reason, they are not my favorite drink. I like ice cream, but hardly ever think about having a milkshake.

The rest of the day, we stayed at home and took it easy. Tomorrow, the Realtor is going to Terri's house to take pictures to put on the Internet. We will go over early to make sure everything looks good. In addition, I have some yard work to do, including mowing and weed eating. Once all that is done, we'll spend the rest of the day with Lori and her family. They will probably leave on Wednesday. Lori has to fly back to Houston to continue a graduate class she is taking, while Julian and Zoe will be going to visit relatives on their father's side. Their dad had to return to Texas today because he has jury duty in Bay City tomorrow.

Has anyone been following the presidential campaign politics? Do these guys really think they can make a difference in this country? It looks like the people around both candidates are doing everything they can to sabotage their man's campaign. Even though the president can offer suggestions and promises, the real power lies in Congress. If the Congress is hostile, nothing is going to happen. If the Congress is friendly to the president, there is a chance they will pass what he wants, but only if they get what they want. The president can only serve two terms. Maybe it's time to limit the terms of people in Congress.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Jasper, Alabama: Twice The Lifestyle At Half The Price

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: