Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Laying Low Inside The House

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 76 degrees, high 99 degrees, mostly clear early, mostly cloudy late in the afternoon, no rain so far at 1940 hours

After getting so hot while working in the yard yesterday, I stayed inside today. Even though I was inside, I still managed to stay busy, helping Terri and Carolyn continue with the packing. The living room was finished, and much of the kitchen was packed. It's good that we can take our time with the packing because we can clean everything as we go, and get rid of what Terri doesn't want to keep. I think I can see another yard sale in my future.

As I mentioned in yesterday's post, the two male dogs were picked up by their new family. Terri took it hard, and mourned for them. This morning, she seemed to have come to terms with what needed to happen, and is moving forward. We are hopeful that the female can be adopted before the end of this next weekend. The female seemed subdued, and moped around all day. Hopefully, she will be adopted by a family that loves her as much as Terri and Thomas do.

When we got home to the RV this evening, Billy Plowman was trying to pick some tomatoes from his bushes that are hard for him to reach. I had previously told him that if he needed help with the tomatoes to let me know because I have long arms and legs, and can stretch to reach just about all of them. He saw those long legs and arms in action today, as I put my boarding house reach into action and cleaned out the bushes for him. As a benefit, we had freshly picked tomatoes for supper. Ummm, boy!! They were outstanding.

We're hearing some thunder that seems to be getting closer, so I'll close for now. In addition, I'm wore out. What happened to retirement?

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Cordele, Georgia: Watermelon Capital Of The World

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: