Tuesday, July 8, 2008

No Weedeating Today!!

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 73 degrees, high 96 degrees, mostly clear

We got an earlier start today, which meant that I went on my morning trek before the sun was high in the sky. The temperature was slightly lower, but the humidity was just as bad. Sweat was running down my face and arms. For the first time, I noticed sweat dripping off my ears. I would hate to find out all this supposedly healthy exercise was not doing me any good.

I had to do some mowing at Terri's house today, and guess what? I skated on the weed eating!! Thomas helped me with that job. I've got to make more use of that resource. He's very good with the weedeater, and we all know how much I dislike using that piece of torture equipment.
After the yard work was finished, we worked some more on packing. Terri is being very critical when deciding what to keep and what to get rid of. It looks as though only about 30% of the stuff we are going through will be saved. That goes along with the way we look at RVing.

It's hard to believe that we get by now with what we carry in the RV. Before we began RVing, we had a house that was filled with the things that people feel they need to survive in the modern world. It has been almost liberating to us to not have to worry about keeping a roof over our things. Now, if we can only get Terri's house sold and Terri and Thomas moved.

In previous posts, I mentioned Terri's three German Shepherd dogs and how good they are as pets. I also mentioned that they have always lived in the country. Terri knows she will not be able to move them to town. We have been looking at different solutions to this problem, and it appears that we should have this issue worked out in the next couple of weeks. The solution should be in the best interest of the dogs. I hope so, because they are good dogs. It will be strange to not have them nipping at the mower when I'm cutting the yard.

I noticed oil prices dropped $9.00 per barrel today, but it doesn't seem to have affected the price of gas. Is it too much to hope that if the price of oil goes down, gas would follow? I guess the price is affected only with increases in oil prices, not decreases.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Corinth, Mississippi: Mississippi’s Gateway City

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: