Saturday, July 26, 2008

Moving In The Rain

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 74 degrees, high 95 degrees, rain in the morning, partly cloudy in the afternoon

Early this morning, Billy Plowman, tomato grower and Garden Genie, had a flat tire on his car. Billy goes down to the local Hardee's every morning to join his buddies as they discuss and solve the nation's problems. Not getting there on time was a major problem. He asked if I could help him put air in the tire, since he knows I have an air compressor. Naturally, I agreed to help, but when I looked at the tire, I saw that the seal between the tire and rim was broken, which meant it would not hold air. Billy had been having trouble with this tire all week, and was going to have it replaced next week. I helped him get the tire off the car, and we took it into Northport, where another tire was placed on the rim. We came back to the RV and I helped him get it back on the car. A short time later, Billy was on his way down to Hardee's.

Shortly after that, we went out to Terri's house to start moving her stuff to the apartment. We had the truck almost loaded when it started raining. I'm talking about real rain, a downpour. Luckily, the garage had room for me to back the truck into it, and nothing got wet. It did stop us for about two hours, when we finally got a break in the rain showers. I placed a cover on the load and we hot footed it to the apartment, where we removed the load in between showers. As soon as the stuff was unloaded, it stopped raining. Ah, well.

By the time we left the apartment, quite a lot of stuff had been put away and pictures had been hung. The place is starting to look pretty good. We'll move some stuff tomorrow, then see what's left to do. We expect to be finished by Tuesday. Then, clean up the house and mow the yard, and maybe we can take a couple of days off.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - San Francisco, California: The City By The Bay

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: