Sunday, May 2, 2010

Charro Beans

Bay City, Texas

Weather: low 68 degrees, high 91 degrees, clear skies

The temperature made it into the 90s today, and we'll be lucky to see it lower than that until the fall season. That is, unless we find a cooler place for the summer. Like the mountains just about anywhere, or the Oregon coast. We'll see what the future holds.

We did a little getting ready to leave this morning. I wasn't too keen on doing much of anything since we can do some of it when we get parked somewhere else. We met Lori and her family for lunch at Victoria's Mexican Restaurant, and it was not bad. I had enchiladas with rice and charro beans, while Carolyn had an appetizer with rice. The beans were excellent, and I brought the enchiladas home for supper tonight. I waddled out of the restaurant and went home for some meditation, which helped me get over the good food.

After meditation, I went to the WalMart Mall to buy diesel and a couple of other things we needed before the start of tomorrow's trip. For some reason, I was disorganized in the store, and crossed from one end of the store to the other three or four times. Normally, I'm in and out in only a few minutes. Not so today.

Late in the afternoon, we went to see Lori and her family and tell them goodbye. We expect to be gone about four weeks, when we'll be back for Julian's graduation from high school. He's acting as though he would rather not go to the graduation, but I think his mom will help him get over that.

Tomorrow, it's back on the road. Wahoooo!

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Sparta, Tennessee: Bluegrass, USA

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: