Saturday, May 29, 2010

Positive Results

Glen Rose, Texas

Weather: low 72 degrees, high 93 degrees, clear skies

Last night, I had the best night of sleep that I've gotten in a few weeks. As I mentioned earlier in the blog, I'm being treated for a respiratory problem that has been plaguing me for several months. The nature of the problem is such that I have been having problems breathing at night, or while doing just about anything of a physical nature during the day. As a result, I have cut back on my walking and just about all work around the RV. My doctor is treating me for the problem, and I think I may finally be seeing some positive results. The last couple of days have been the best I've had in a while. I hope this positive trend continues.

I still go for my morning walks, but they take longer than they used to. For instance, I used to do 12 minute miles. Now, I'm lucky to do an 18 minute mile. That's okay, at least I can still do that. I have hopes that I'll be back to something approaching my former pace in time.

We have an external hard drive that we use to back up our computer about once a week. The hard drive crashed on us, but we finally managed to get it running long enough to put all the data on the computer hard drive. Then, we bought another external hard drive to use for our backups. Today, I took the old external hard drive apart and destroyed it with a hammer. One more piece of junk gotten rid of.

While I was getting rid of the old hard drive, I went through some other computer stuff that we no longer have a use for. Several items were found that I got rid of. Another five years of this RV life and getting rid of stuff, and we may have everything pared down to a lean and mean RV.

Anyone who keeps up with the blog probably notices that we like flowers of all kinds. It doesn't matter whether they're in someone's yard, in a park, or wildflowers in a ditch along the road. We find them everywhere we go, and are always looking for them. Here's one I found today. According to our reference, this is a basket flower. Note the bee at the top of the flower.



This next flower with the purple color is named a Horse Mint.



More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Pigeon Forge, Tennessee: Years Of Forging Progress

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: