Thursday, May 27, 2010

Funtime RV Closed

Glen Rose, Texas

Weather: low 65 degrees, high 91 degrees, clears skies

The bee swarm that I took a picture of during yesterday's walk was gone this morning. I guess they had places to go and things to do. Like find a new home, I mean hive. The cooler weather yesterday morning was what probably caused them to stop until it warmed up later in the day. Anyway, I'm glad I saw them in the tree, versus coming at me.

We had some shopping we needed to do this morning, so we drove to Cleburne, which has just about everything we needed. The first stop was at HEB, where I picked up a couple of things that we like from them. Then, we drove to Lowe's, looking for a water pressure regulator for the RV. Lowe's didn't have what I was looking for, so we drove to the Fun Time RV dealership. I had read on an RV discussion page that Fun Time was closed down by their floor plan company, but I was hoping that their parts store might still be open. No luck on that, as the entire property has been closed down. Only a couple of older RVs are there, plus a few people working on what looks like finishing up the shut down. It's too bad the place was shut down, since they had one of the better RV parts stores in the area. Also, I imagine they had 30-40 people working there. I wonder what those folks are doing now?

The next stop was at the WalMart Mall, which is on the way out of Cleburne. We checked out their RV parts section, but there wasn't anything there that we needed. Since we needed a few groceries, we picked those items up. While we were walking through the groceries, we noticed that many items were marked down quite a bit. By the time we left, we had picked up a nice baked chicken, fresh corn on the cob, some fruit, and a few other things. Supper was good!

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Reno, Nevada: America’s Adventure Place

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: