Thursday, May 20, 2010

New Doctor's Appointment

Glen Rose, Texas

Weather: low 74 degrees, high 91 degrees, mostly cloudy early, then mostly clear skies

Carolyn had an early morning as she woke up at 0300 hours - that's right, 0300 hours - and decided to get up. What in the world is wrong with her? I asked her why she didn't go back to bed, and she said she wasn't sleepy. I'm writing this post about 2015 hours, and it's all she can do to keep her eyes open. (30 minutes later, Carolyn gave it up and went to bed.)

I was waiting for the orthopedic surgeon's office to let me know when my appointment would be when they called this morning. The earliest I could see him was two weeks away, which conflicts with some other plans we have. Carolyn took the call, since I was busy outside. I called back and made sure the office knew that the doctor had seen me before, so I wasn't a new patient. Also, I asked if I could see the doctor at one of his other offices, since he sees patients in at least two other places besides Glen Rose. The lady on the phone looked at what else was available, and found a time for me in Stephenville next Monday. That's much better than having to wait two weeks. Now, let's see what the problem is and what we have to do to make it better. My left wrist has been very sore for about three months, and shows no signs of getting better. I've had thoughts of playing some golf, but the wrist is too sore. If surgery is required, we'll decide when to do it based on what has to be done.

After the telephone calls were over, I finished up some chores I was doing outside. While I rested a little, we discussed what to do today. Carolyn didn't want to do much (I wonder why???), but we needed to go pick up a few groceries. So, a trip to the WalMart Mall was in order.

This was one of those rare days when Carolyn's vertigo was staying in the background. That meant she wanted to look at a lot of stuff in the mall, so I trailed along as she enjoyed a little shopping. It was good to see her able to enjoy something that she used to take for granted, but is seldom able to do anymore.

When we got back home, we noticed that the park owner was doing some grass mowing. Carolyn was afraid he was going to run over the nesting bird that I mentioned last night, so she made sure he knew where the bird was. He appreciated her stopping him, since he appreciates nature as much as we do. He said last summer, he mowed around about 20 nests until the babies were gone. Carolyn was able to see that four eggs are on the nest. She looked in our bird book, and the bird appears to be a plover. It would be nice if the eggs hatched while we're here, especially since Carolyn is taking such good care of the mother bird.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Las Vegas, Nevada: Capital Of Second Chances

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: