Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

Rockport, Texas

Weather: low 75 degrees, high 84 degrees, partly cloudy skies, windy

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there. I hope the people who depend on them for so much tell them how important they are.

By the way, today is my birthday, also. Can you believe I was actually born on Mother's Day? I wasn't going to mention my birthday, but Carolyn thought I should. So, there it is.

How did we celebrate Mother's Day and my birthday? By taking it easy for most of the day. I went for my usual morning walk, and then we had a mid-morning breakfast or brunch at home. The laundry was washed and put away. Some minor preparations were made in the event we decide to move on tomorrow. Late in the day, we went to a Chinese restaurant for supper, which was forgettable. That part of the day needed more thought put into it. The meal was so forgettable that I've already forgotten the name of the restaurant.

Carolyn likes to watch the TV show "19 Kids And Counting", and she watched that tonight. We also watched a show with Tom Selleck featuring him as Jesse Stone in a made for TV movie on CBS. That role is perfect for Tom Selleck, and is our favorite role for him.

I did manage to get a few pictures this morning during my walk. Rockport Harbor has a large number of sailboats docked in the marina. I was looking at them as I walked around, and realized that the boats are a lot like RVs. The boats are self contained, a person can live in them, although not as comfortably as in most RVs, and they require a lot of care. When I say a lot of care, that means they require more care than an RV. An RV may break down on the road, but a boat could sink if it's not taken care of properly.



This is a nice boat, but can you imagine the work required to keep it looking this nice? In addition, I noticed that the water was moving the boats continuously. Think what that would do to Carolyn's vertigo.



Overall, for turning a year older, it was a good day. It won't be long until Carolyn joins me as a year older. And so will my brother Terrell. Carolyn and Terrell are both the same age, but he likes to tell her that her birthday is before his, so she's older.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Charleston, South Carolina: The Palmetto City

Not all who wander are lost.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, it's my Nieces' birthday also today. Spoiled Rosemary today, We had Ribs, wings, corn on the cob, burgers and Sausage. I now have food for the week. Later

Jerald said...

Good day for your niece's birthday. You should be spoiling Rosemary, not just today, but every day. Doesn't she have some yard work for you to do?

Jerald