Friday, June 18, 2010

Carolyn's Sore Back

Ocala, Florida

Weather: low 72 degrees, high 98 degrees, cloudy with showers in the afternoon

We had high temperatures and humidity again today (what's new?), but just like the last couple of days, we had afternoon showers and clouds that cooled the temperature and made things bearable. Can you imagine how bad the high temperatures would be if we didn't have these showers?

Carolyn has been suffering with a sore and stiff back the last three days. If we go by past history, she still has at least two more days before she'll feel better. We went to visit her mother today, but couldn't stay long because her back gave her so much pain. Since we got home, she has been using a heating pad in an attempt to get the pain to ease. Hopefully, she'll feel better tomorrow.

I talked to my sister Janie this evening, and we made a date to get together on Sunday for lunch. Janie and her husband Wayne live in Lakeland, and we were going to go down to visit. Since they will be here in Ocala over the weekend, that will save us a trip to Lakeland. Also, there will be my niece and Janie and Wayne's daughter Heather, along with Heather's two children. They moved to Hawaii about 18 months ago, and this is their first visit back to Florida since then. It will be interesting to hear their impressions of Hawaii.

Today seemed to be the day for telephone calls, as I also talked to my brother Terrell. He and his wife Kathy were on the road back to Tennessee from Bay City, Texas, where he has been working for a few days and Kathy was undergoing periodic medical tests in her ongoing battle with cancer. The latest report is that she continues to hold her own. They are looking forward to getting home to what they hope will be some cooler weather.

When I'm out and about, I usually have the camera with me so I can take pictures that catch my fancy. Imagine my surprise when I realized that I had a camera moment right here in the RV park. In our travels, we see all manner of RVs and tow vehicles and toads. I saw something today that was unique, which consisted of a heavy duty truck modified to pull RVs, a nice heavy RV, and their car. There's nothing unique about having all three of these vehicles, but what is unique is the type of car they use and they way they transport it when moving.



The car is a Smart, which is what I would consider a suicide car. The owner uses a winch system to take the car off and put it on the truck. The owner told me that at one time, they only had the big truck to get around in. That became a little inconvenient, and they decided to go this way. I guess it works, but I don't think I would care for something that small. Note the name on the truck: Overkill.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Dodge City: Queen Of The Cowtowns

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: