Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Feeling Better

Bay City, Texas

Weather: low in Glen Rose 72 degrees, high in Bay City 91 degrees, clear to partly cloudy skies

I had a doctor's appointment this morning, and we were prepared to stay in the Glen Rose area for as long as it took to get my respiratory problem under control. Guess what? The doctor was pleased with the progress I have made in the last week (and so was I). He gave me one more prescription, with more advice on how best to handle the problem I have, and said he would see me in the fall. All right!! I'm feeling much better, with most of the improvement coming over the last three days. If I continue on this path, I may be looking for another job. Not!! If I did that, Carolyn would be ready to scream.

Since we were finished with doctors, we decided to leave Glen Rose and move back to Bay City for our grandson Julian's high school graduation, which takes place Friday. By the time we were ready to leave, it was 1000 hours, which wasn't too bad, considering that we hadn't made any preparations earlier.

We've made the trip between Bay City and Glen Rose several times, and this one was typical of all the rest: long and boring. We were parked and set up by 1630 hours, and the satellite dish was set up after resting. Why set the dish up that quickly, even though we have cable TV where we're at? We're used to where the shows are on the dish, and the picture is better than cable. About the only thing we use the cable for is local weather.

So, here we are in Bay City, and we will be here four to seven days. When we leave, we'll be heading to Florida to visit family. We may take as long as a couple of weeks to get to Florida, since we're not on a time table. New adventures waiting on the road.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Bay City, Oregon: Pearl Of Tillamook Bay

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: