Saturday, June 5, 2010

No Wax Yet

Bay City, Texas

Weather: low 73 degrees, high 93 degrees, humid, partly cloudy skies

Today was a typical day on the Texas golf coast, with hot, humid weather making life miserable when outside. I still worked outside long enough to get the RV cleaned up, with the idea of finally being able to put some wax on it. Once the washing was finished, I went inside to take a break, and didn't get back outside until later in the day. In the meantime, we went over to visit with Lori's family, along with John's mother and sister, still visiting from Alabama.

When we arrived home after the visit, I was getting ready to go back outside to smear some wax on the RV when we received a telephone call inviting us to supper at K-2. We couldn't turn down a supper invitation, so we met Lori and family and the Alabama folks at K-2 for a good meal and conversation. Before we knew it, we had been at the restaurant almost two hours. Wow! The time flew by. I would say we had a good time.

By the time we got back home, it was getting cooler, which was good for me and putting wax on the RV. Big problem: the wax doesn't seem to be doing the job that I expected, so I stopped. I'll pick up more wax tomorrow after doing some research on what would be the best to use. I would like for the wax I put on to last for a decent amount of time, and also restore the shine in the places where it has disappeared. Is that too much to ask for?

Since I couldn't use the wax I had, I used a little time to do some straightening and other little chores outside. I didn't get any of the RV waxed, but did get it washed. Now, if I can get some wax tomorrow, maybe I'll finally get some waxing done.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Holland, Texas: The Friendly Community

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: