Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Girls Lunch Out

Ocala, Florida

Weather: low 78 degrees, high 97 degrees, scattered rain showers late in the afternoon

The humidity hit 100% again this morning, and again it happened when there wasn't a cloud in the sky. I imagine there are a lot of bad hair days around here these days. I wouldn't know, since all my hair was cut off about two weeks ago.

Whenever we come to Ocala to visit family, Carolyn takes her mother and as many of her sisters as are available to Sonny's Bar-B-Que for lunch. Today was the day for that little lunch date, as she went with her mother and two of her sisters, Teresa and Jeanette. I usually choose to do something else when these things happen because I feel out of place with all those women. Besides, they need some together time.

While Carolyn was out with her folks, I went back to the library and did another check on books that they had for sale. I found five this time, which gives us a total of nine from here. That should hold us a few days.

Recently, I have been having muscle cramps in my legs, which tend to occur when I'm asleep at night. I talked to our doctor about it when we saw him the last time, and he suggested eating more bananas. Then, if I was still having problems, take potassium tablets for awhile until the cramps are under control. Well, I'm eaten enough bananas that I'm starting to make strange monkey motions and sounds, but still have the cramps. I stopped at the drug store this morning and bought some potassium tablets. The weather has been so hot that even though I drink a lot of liquids, with all the sweating I do when I'm working outside, the potassium levels are not coming up fast enough. Maybe the bananas and tablets together will do the trick.

After I picked Carolyn up from her girls lunch out, we took a ride to one of our favorite places around, the York area. Marion County has designated the road that goes through York as a scenic route, and it certainly meets that designation. Many years ago, the county gained fame as a great place to breed and raise thoroughbred horses, with the result that a lot of beautiful horse farms were developed here. Some of the most beautiful horse farms are in the York area, and even though we're seeing fewer horse farms because of the property being developed for other uses, it was nice to see that York was as we remembered. Majestic oak trees with moss hanging out of them, palm trees, training tracks, beautiful horses, green pastures that look like lawns..... I could go on and on about the beauty we saw. We know that it's probably only a matter of time until all the beauty is gone, but it was sure nice to see it's still there for now.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Astatula, Florida: Land Of Sunbeams

Not all who wander are lost.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

if you want your cramps to go away i have the solution. Drink tonic water. i have mine with a lemon. i have these quite a bit on the meds i take. give it a try

kathy

Jerald said...

Tonic water? Hmmm. I'll try it and see what happens. Should I put some gin with it?

Jerald