Friday, June 25, 2010

Yo, Vinnie!

Ocala, Florida

Weather: low 74 degrees, high 98 degrees, partly cloudy skies

I still felt under the weather today, after feeling bad yesterday. I'm ready for feeling good to come back! Since I felt so bad, we didn't do much today. I did get up enough gumption to take Carolyn over to visit her mother. I tried to visit, but felt so bad that I went back home and laid around until Carolyn was ready to come home.

On our way home, we stopped at the local Publix store and picked up some fried chicken for supper. I didn't feel like eating much, but what I did eat was good. Maybe that's a good sign.

There are a lot of well known people who have homes in the Ocala area. One of them is John Travolta, the well-known movie star and pilot. He has a home in the Jumbolair subdivision, located about five miles north of Ocala. He has five airplanes, and people who live here seem to know his airplanes when they see them flying. The subdivision is a gated community (makes sense), and is centered around a runway that can handle large jet airplanes. John routinely flies a Boeing 707 in and out of the field, and can taxi right up to his front door. Here's the sign at the entrance to the subdivision. Yo, Vinnie!



Hopefully, I'll feel better tomorrow and can get out and about again. Till then,

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Welaka, Florida: The Bass Capital Of The World

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: