Thursday, June 3, 2010

Rain Showers, Cooler Temperatures

Bay City, Texas

Weather: low 70 degrees, high 80 degrees, cloudy, intermittent rain showers

We were jarred awake by thunder and lightning about midnight, followed shortly by rain that lasted most of the night. It wasn't hard rain, but since we are parked under some trees, it sounded louder than it was. The rain continued off and on today, which wasn't all bad, since it helped keep the temperatures lower than normal. Most of the time, I can do without the rain, but it was nice having lower temperatures for a change.

The humidity is worse here than in Glen Rose, which causes me some issues with my recent respiratory problems. I took my usual morning walk, but didn't push myself as hard as normal. Even with not walking as hard as normal, I could feel the effect from the higher humidity. We're hopeful that when the family visiting is finished in the southeast that we can find a place with lower temperatures and humidity. We know we can go west and find the conditions we're looking for, but we don't know if it will be too late in the year.

I was planning to put some wax on the RV today, but that got sidetracked by the weather. Instead, I took care of some computer stuff that needed to be finished. When I was done with the computer, I visited the library to pick up some new books and a couple of movies to watch. While I was at the library, I looked at the books they were selling and found four paperback books for $1.00. After we leave here, we'll have more books to read.

Our grandson Julian graduates high school tomorrow night at 2000 hours. The ceremony will be held outside in the football stadium. I haven't looked to see what the weather forecast will be, but the fact the ceremony is being held outside will change the way I will dress. Normally, I would wear a nice pair of slacks with a dress shirt and tie. Since the temperature will probably be near 90 degrees, and the ceremony will drag on, I'll probably wear walking shorts and a golf shirt. I wonder how many people will be dressed the same way.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Reno, Nevada: The Neon Babylon

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: