Monday, June 21, 2010

Shampoo In The Hair

Ocala, Florida

Weather: low 73 degrees, high 95 degrees, afternoon clouds, heavy rain

The pattern of afternoon showers continued again today, as it was hot early, then cloudy, heavy rain showers, and then a steady light rain until late in the evening. As much as four inches of rain fell where we are. We were away from home when the rain started, and the rain was so heavy that we could hardly see. This rain was what is commonly called a frog strangler. One big advantage to the rain is that the temperature cooled off. At the time I'm writing the blog post, it is only 73 degrees. Great!

When we were visiting with family yesterday, I neglected to take any pictures. Fortunately, other people took plenty, and here's one of my baby sister Janie and me. Note how short my hair is. It's been about three weeks since I had it cut, but I can't tell that it's growing. It needs to grow out some so I don't have a reflection that blinds people. Oh, by the way: I only wear the glasses when reading.



We visited with Carolyn's mother for a good part of the morning. Also there were her brothers Billy and Bobby, as well as her sister Teresa. They got a good laugh out of Carolyn telling them her experience about the shower water holding tank running over and backing up into the shower this morning while she was taking a bath. The valve was closed, so there's a reason for that happening. It happened while I was out for my morning walk, and she was just a little ticked off when I got back. RVers know about using shower and kitchen water to rinse the sewer hose after dumping the black water tank. Obviously, I was going to use the shower water to rinse the sewer hose when I dumped the black water. So, I miscalculated a little on how much capacity was still left in the shower water tank. It's not like I was trying to catch Carolyn with a full shower tank when she had shampoo in her hair. Sheesh, can't she take a joke?

The story about the full shower tank and my explanation didn't impress Carolyn, but her family seemed to think it was funny.

When we left Doris' house, we decided to take a drive south of Ocala to the area of Summerfield and the crossroad of Pedro. The last time we were in the area was at least 35 years ago, and we were unprepared for the change that has taken place. Houses, subdivisions, horse farms.... We remember the area being mostly wooded and fields, with few people living there. Now, the Villages, one of the fastest growing areas in the state has taken over much of the area, as well as parts of several other counties. We continue to be amazed at the changes that have taken place in Marion County.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - The Villages, Florida: Florida’s Friendliest Hometown

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: