Thursday, June 24, 2010

Not Feeling Good

Ocala, Florida

Weather: low 73 degrees, high 97 degrees, partly cloudy skies

I must have overdone my outdoor stuff yesterday, as I've felt under the weather all day. I felt like I had a temperature, but I didn't. My stomach was a little unsettled, and I had a slight headache. On top of all that, I'm sore all over, and my appetite is not good. Hmmm. Maybe I'm getting a summer bug.

It's hard to keep us down when we don't feel good, and today was no exception. We still went out and explored for a couple of hours as we continue to reacquaint ourselves with this area that we spent so many years in. Today's trip took us down to the Silver Springs Shores and Belleview areas, and then back to Ocala by the back roads and through some beautiful horse farm country.

Speaking of horse farms, this area has had many well known horses that were bred and trained here. Some of the more famous ones were Carryback, Needles, Affirmed, and many others. Apparently, the climate and soil combine to make perfect conditions for raising horses, and there are probably in excess of 200 horse farms in the county. In recent years, some of the farms close to Ocala have been sold off for residential land. That still leaves plenty of beautiful farms for us to admire on our drives through the countryside.

The leak repairs I performed yesterday seem to be holding, and there haven't been any new ones jump up. I'm glad, because I didn't feel like messing with water leaks today.

We want to make sure we use the great tasting tomatoes that Roger gave us yesterday, so supper was ham and tomato sandwiches. Umm, umm, good!

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Anniston, Alabama: The Model City

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: