Sunday, June 6, 2010

Wet Blanket

Bay City, Texas

Weather: low 75 degrees, high 94 degrees, partly cloudy skies

When I stepped outside this morning for my walk, the humidity was so bad it felt like someone had thrown a wet blanket over me. Yuck! I don't like this humidity.

With the humidity as bad as it was, I thought about not walking today, but sucked it up and did the right thing. More than once during the walk, I had second thoughts, but kept telling myself one more block, just one more block. By the time I turned around and started back home, I had walked the usual distance. My pace was a little slower than normal, and I was soaked when I got back to the RV. I peeled my clothes off and jumped in the shower, using the cold water to cool off. That felt good!

After I recovered from the walk and being so hot, I took our laundry and washed it in preparation for leaving here on Tuesday. Unfortunately, the laundry I went to was not air conditioned (note to self: don't go there again when it's hot), but at least I didn't get as hot as I did when walking. While I was at the laundry, one of my friends from several past jobs happened to bring his clothes in, so we had a good talk catching up with what's been going on with each other.

By the time I got home, it was time for lunch and rest. In fact, I got so lazy that I didn't stir out of my chair for about two hours. When I finally got up enough gumption, I went to the WalMart Mall to pick up a few things that we needed. Carolyn was the smart one, as she said it was too hot to go anywhere, so she stayed at home.

Today was one of the few times that I was unable to find something I was looking for at the Mall. As I mentioned yesterday, I'm looking for some wax to put on the RV. The Mall didn't have what I was looking for, so I'll keep my eyes open for it elsewhere.

Not much was done beyond what I've talked about. I can remember when I would have reveled in the hot weather, but not anymore. Give me 60-80 degrees in the daytime and mid-40s at night. We need to find a place like that for the summer after the family visits are done.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Boaz, Alabama: City Of Possibilities

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: