Saturday, June 26, 2010

Hot Flea Market

Ocala, Florida

Weather: low 75 degrees, high 98 degrees, partly cloudy skies

I was hoping I would feel better today, and I did, but not until late in the afternoon. Last night was bad for me, as my respiratory issues really jumped up and grabbed hold of me. I was only able to get about three hours of sleep, and stayed in the bed until about 1000 hours, when I finally started being able to breathe better. About 1500 hours, I was feeling good enough that I decided to drive over to a nearby flea market. Carolyn fussed at me for getting out. She thinks I should have taken it easy all day, but I was starting to get stir crazy.



The weather was so hot that the number of vendors outnumbered the buyers.



It looked like many of the vendors went home early. I don't blame them with the heat as bad as it was.



The only thing I bought was a nice watermelon. Alongside the watermelon in the picture below are some of the tomatoes that Roger gave us earlier this week.



After I came back from the flea market and cooled off some, we visited Carolyn's mother for about two hours. She had a pot of freshly picked zipper cream peas cooking on the stove. Now that's some good eating. We endured the aroma of the good food cooking as long as we could before we headed home to leftover Publix fired chicken and all the trimmings, along with some of those fresh tomatoes that Roger gave us. I would say that we ate pretty good.

I've got my fingers crossed that my respiratory problems stay away tonight. I need some sleep!

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Cincinnati, Ohio: Strength In Unity

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: