Monday, June 7, 2010

New Cooking Pot

Bay City, Texas

Weather: low 75 degrees, high 90 degrees, partly cloudy skies, showers in the morning hours

I thought yesterday was about as bad as the humidity gets here. Nope, I was wrong, it was worse today. I struggled through my morning walk and burrowed into the air conditioning for most of the day. Well, a good part of the day, anyway.

Since we're leaving here tomorrow, I dumped our black water tank, which presented a problem. Normally, we don't smell our black water tank. It was smelling today, and the smell was working overtime. That meant it was time for me to treat the tank, which hasn't been done for about six months. I use advice I see on the RV discussion pages, and the advice on cleaning the tank came from a fellow blogger. The treatment consists of water softener mixed with water, detergent, and some bleach. Within an hour of pouring the mixture in the toilet after dumping, the smell was gone. I don't expect to smell anything again unless something goes wrong.

We ordered a cooking pot for Carolyn last week to replace one that she lost track of during our move from the house to the RV. It was an eight quart pot, which is a perfect size for us. We had been looking for something similar since losing the other one, and I finally had the brain storm to check with the manufacturer that made our other pots. The pot arrived here today, and was exactly what we were looking for. I wonder if that means Carolyn will cook more now that she has the new pot?

Late in the afternoon, we went over to visit Lori and her family, and ended up going out for supper with them. After a lot of discussion on where to go, we decided to go to one of the family owned Mexican restaurants, Las Fuentes. Personally, I like the family owned Mexican places, but it is almost impossible to get Carolyn to go to them. She tends to like the chains, which I would rather not go to. I guess you know that means we go to the chains most of the time, right?

Las Fuentes was exactly what I expected: good, hearty food, at a decent price. And, for a change, Carolyn said she really liked it. Does that mean she'll take more chances in the future? I can only hope.

We leave here tomorrow on our way to Florida. I don't know how long the trip will take, but we're not in a hurry. We'll be in Florida for 7 to 10 days, then go up to Tuscaloosa, Alabama to visit Terri and Thomas. No plans have been made beyond Tuscaloosa, but we want to find some cooler weather for the rest of the summer.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Calera, Alabama: The Heart Of The Heart Of Dixie

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: