Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Another Cold Morning

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 28 degrees, high 60 degrees, clear skies

This morning was another cold one, and we had a heavy frost that should just about stop the grass from growing. I was over two hours later than normal in taking my walk, but at least it had warmed up some.

I'm starting to do some research on Forrest Gump and his hometown of Greenbow, Alabama. Greenbow is like Auburn, Alabama: you can't get there from here, or you have to be going there to get there. Have no fear, we will find it and have a full report on the town that Forrest grew up in.

Today was a real slow day for us, and it was the type of day that helps us recuperate from all the hard work of the last six months. We are feeling so good that we are starting to get itchy feet.

When I went to check on the house this evening, I took some pictures of the fall colors. Unfortunately, the pictures don't reflect what we are able to see (do they ever?). If we get some later on that are better, we'll pass them on.

I don't have much to report today. Maybe I'll have more tomorrow.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Alabaster, Alabama: The City for Families

Not all who wander are lost.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget Greenbow.