Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Armadillos Out Of Control

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 47 degrees, high 75 degrees, clear skies early, partly cloudy in the afternoon and evening

We had an errand to do in Tuscaloosa this morning, so we combined the trip with a visit to the library. As I have written before, we are avid readers, so we take every opportunity to pick up new material.

After leaving Tuscaloosa, we went out to the house to make sure everything was okay for another viewing by a family this evening. It's a good thing we went out there, because armadillos had gotten into the flower beds and yard, digging up several places. We repaired the damage as well as we could, but I am thinking that the armadillos may become a recurring problem if we don't find a solution. One solution would include the use of a gun, but it would also require that I spend a lot more time out there than I want to. If anyone knows what will stop this problem, please let me know.

After returning home, we had a light lunch, then enjoyed some meditation for the first time in the last three days. Later in the afternoon, I spent some time removing splattered bugs from the front of the RV. It was harder to remove the bugs than I thought it would be because part of them were the old Florida curse, love bugs. If you have never had the misfortune to experience the damage that love bugs can do a vehicle, count yourself lucky. I have never been able to figure out what use these bugs are. Even the birds avoid them. Luckily, these bugs only hatch out twice a year for about three weeks at a time. Thank God, because life would be unbearable in those areas where love bugs live. For some reason, they seem to be attracted to highways, where it appears they gravitate to the vehicles on the roads. At least we don't have to worry about them for awhile.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Havana, Florida: The Friendliest City In Florida

Not all who wander are lost.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate those #$%$#@#$^$#$!!!!!

Jerald said...

I hate them, too. I found more damage today when I went out to the house. I guess I'll have to spend enough time out there to knock off a few of them. This damage could get expensive.

Jerald