Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Full Moon Bar-B-Que

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 41 degrees, high 75 degrees, clear skies

After my morning walk (yes, I wore gloves for those who were wondering) and breakfast, I spent most of the day helping Terri take care of some personal business in Tuscaloosa. When I got home in the late afternoon, I noticed that the leaves in the yard had magically disappeared. Carolyn told me that our next door neighbor, Billy Plowman, had gotten rid of them. I'm going to have to find a way to repay him. Have I said lately how fortunate we are to have good neighbors and great landlords?

Carolyn has taken up a new hobby. She has wanted to learn how to knit for many years, and over the summer, she taught herself the basic stitches. When I got home, she asked me to take her to look for more knitting needles. We found what she was looking for at Hobby Lobby, as well as several items that were on sale. After leaving Hobby Lobby, we decided to go into Tuesday Morning, a store that sells overstocked items at a deep discount. After looking over the entire store, she bought a new paring knife. It is a quality knife by Chicago Cutlery, and only cost $4.50. We saw many items that seemed to be good buys, but we are only able to carry just so much stuff in the RV. That's probably a blessing that helps us save money.

After the shopping, we decided we wanted to eat away from home. There happened to be a bar-b-que restaurant in the same shopping area, so we decided to try it out. The restaurant is Full Moon Bar-B-Que, and the food was not bad. Carolyn got the sliced pork butt with french fries, baked beans, and toasted bun. I ordered the chopped pork butt with cole slaw, french fries, and toasted bun. There was plenty of food, and it was not bad. Both plates included chow chow on the side, along with pickles. I can see us going there again.

After eating, it was time to go home and get settled for the night.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Donalsonville, Georgia: Gateway To Lake Seminole

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: