Wednesday, October 1, 2008

External Hard Drive Crashed

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 54 degrees, high 76 degrees, clear skies

What a beautiful fall day we had today. Nice temperatures, light breezes, low humidity. Is it any wonder the fall season is our favorite time of the year?

It seemed like I was on the road all day. After taking my morning walk, we were getting ready to scan more pictures for Terri when we discovered that the external computer hard drive we use to backup all our computer files was not working properly. It would start, but we couldn't access the files stored on the hard drive. Eventually, we persuaded it to start up, but by that time, we had decided that we couldn't keep using a piece of equipment that we couldn't depend on.

Since I had to go to Sam's Club for a few things, I decided to check on what they had in the way of replacement drives. Unfortunately, Sam's didn't have any drives, so I stopped at Office Depot to see what they had. They had plenty of drives, but they were all more than $125.00. I decided to look more at a later time.

In the afternoon, Terri told us that Target had an external hard drive on sale that might work for us, and it was priced at $88.00 for a 500 GB drive. I drove over to Target, and they had two of the drives we were interested in. I bought one and brought it home, where I picked up Carolyn to ride out to check on the house. By the time we got back home, I was ready to call it a day.

In between all of the driving, I checked the running lights and tail lights on the RV. Next, I installed the fifth wheel hitch on the truck. After that, I finished painting the rear landing gears. Whew!!

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Mobile, Alabama: The City Of Six Flags

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: