Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The World Still Turns

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 55 degrees, high 86 degrees, mostly clear skies

I didn't wake up as early this morning as I did yesterday, but I was still up by 0500 hours. That's earlier than I would like to get up, but it's better than 0400 hours.

I had to re-paint the steps because the paint I used yesterday left a dull finish. I decided to get some paint that would give me a shiny finish, and it made all the difference in the world. The steps really look good now. While I was painting, I decided to do the rear landing gear. I only had enough paint for one side, so I'll get another can tomorrow and do the other side.

We continued scanning pictures and only have about 150 left to do. The next day or so should finish this little task.

I went out to check on the house about 1400 hours, but couldn't do it because there were a couple of cars there. I kept checking, and they never left. About 1500 hours, Carolyn called and told me that the Realtor was supposed to be at the house between 1500-1700 hours to show the house for the third time to the same couple. Since I didn't know how long they would be there, I went home and we checked things later on. It would be nice if these lookers bought the house.

The stock market made a nice rebound today, and the dollar is up against other currencies. And the world didn't end when the politicians didn't pass a bailout for Wall Street. I am amazed. Will wonders never cease?

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Plant City, Florida: The World’s Winter Strawberry Capital

Not all who wander are lost.

1 comment:

Mama SeWELL said...

Todays Town _ Plant City, FL - my hometown. We are for sure the worlds winter strawberry capital. Our strawberry festival just finished up yesterday.