Monday, September 29, 2008

Early Riser

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 58 degrees, high 88 degrees, mostly clear skies

I woke this morning at 0400 hours and was unable to go back to sleep. I finally got up about 0500 hours, being as quiet as I could so I wouldn't wake Carolyn. Normal sounds don't wake her up, but I knew if I wasn't careful, she would be awake and then both of us would be missing sleep. Little did I know that she would sleep until 0700 hours.

I went for my morning walk about 0540, and was finished before 0700 hours. I stopped at MacDonald's and got us a biscuit. By the time we had eaten, I had a busy day mapped out for myself. Before the day was finished, I had painted the steps on the RV, finished cleaning up the outside walls, checked the caulking on the roof, cleaned the wheels on the RV, went out to the house to check on things, scanned a bunch of stuff for Terri with Carolyn's help, and even had time for meditation. And one other thing: I cooked supper. Does this sound like I was busy? Almost sounds like we're getting ready to go somewhere.

Intuitively, the bailout plan that the politicians are trying to get passed sounds like it is full of problems. Is doing nothing better? I don't know, but my instincts tell me that if Wall Street and the banks want it to pass, it means they are going to make money on it. And considering the fact that they are a big part of the problem, that seems wrong. Will our economy collapse because this bill was not passed? Again, I don't know, but I would hate to think that our economy is so fragile that a bunch of crooks and politicians can cause it to have the problems that we are seeing and that they say are going to get worse. Where is the outrage that we saw when Enron collapsed?

I hope I sleep better tonight.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - West Columbia, Texas: Where Texas History Began

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: