Monday, September 8, 2008

Oil Leak

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 67 degrees, high 82 degrees, mostly clear skies

I started late on my morning walk and suffered the consequences of walking in the relatively warm sunshine. However, there is a definite difference and slow changes in the weather that makes being outside much more pleasant. We are even seeing some changes in leaves on the trees.

After returning home from my walk, we didn't do much of anything until about mid-afternoon, when we went out to the house to check it out. No problems were found, but we did see some evidence that someone had toured the property today. Before leaving, we cleaned the travel paths in the house to get up some stray grass and leaves that had been tracked in over the last couple of weeks.

Before leaving the house, we noticed an oil stain where I had parked the truck yesterday. When we got home, I parked where I could get under the truck to see if I could figure out where the leak was occurring. Before doing that, I decided to do a little meditation. After supper, I crawled under the truck, and found the source of the leak right away. When the truck was serviced the last time, the oil filter was not tightened properly. As a result, a slow leak developed. I wiped the oil off the filter and tightened it using an old rag. While under there, I also checked all other areas that might be leaking, and did not find any other leaks.

Finding that leak has really ticked me off. How hard can it be to do something right? If I had not noticed the leak, major damage might have resulted to the motor. We take good care of our equipment, and we expect anyone who does something for us to give us quality service, especially when we are paying for it. Or is that an unreasonable expectation?

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Boaz, Alabama: The Shop ‘Til You Drop Capital Of Alabama

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: