Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Trip Planning

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 56 degrees, high 83 degrees, clear skies

I mentioned in yesterday's post that we had finished one project that has been taking a lot of our time since we arrived here in March. It is nice to not have that issue hanging over our heads and occupying our minds. It seems to have freed up our thinking to the point that we have started planning our first trip with the RV since we arrived here. If everything continues to go well, we plan to leave for a trip to Florida to see family on Sunday, 10/4/08. We expect to be gone for about a week, when we will return here for a week or so. Then, a trip down to Bay City, Texas to see our daughter Lori and her family and my brother Terrell and his wife Kathy. We will be in Bay City for about ten days, and then go to Glen Rose for our yearly physicals and visit friends. At this time, we don't know how long the doctor visits will take in Glen Rose. On our way out of Texas, we will probably go through Hope, Arkansas to visit my brother Keith and his family. Once all of these visits are completed, we will come back to Coker for a period of time to be decided. We have not decided whether we will stay here for the winter, or try to find something farther south. Whatever we decide to do, we plan to keep the RV lot we have here. Our landlords are great people, and we like our neighbors. Plus, the convenience of the lot to town is something we appreciate.

After my morning walk, we went out to the house so I could mow the yard (it's been 11 days since I last mowed out there). Terri showed up, and we helped her go through the little bit of stuff she still had there. By the time we finished going through the stuff, she knew what she wanted to keep. Some of the stuff was put in her car to take to her apartment. I loaded the truck with what she didn't want and took it to the Salvation Army.

When we got home, we meditated for a short time. Man, that meditation really helps!! Then I went outside and put some more wax on the RV. If I keep at it, I'll finish that job before we leave on our trip.

Carolyn asked me what I wanted for supper, and I said I didn't care, whatever she wanted was fine with me. Now, you have to understand when she asks me that question, she is really asking me what I'm cooking. I learned that through some painful lessons. So, after she said that she couldn't think of anything to fix, I said tell me what you want, and I'll cook. When I say I'll cook, that's code for where do you want to go. Anyway, we went and got a big old juicy hamburger. It was good, and Carolyn says she likes my cooking. She sure is easy to please.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Bastrop, Texas: Home Of The Lost Pines

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: