Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Quiet Day In Coker

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 70 degrees, high 85 degrees, partly to mostly cloudy, occasional light sprinkles

It was a quiet day here in Coker. At the beginning of the day, I had several tasks planned to get done, but most of them will have wait for another day. Most of the day was spent waiting to help Terri with an errand in Tuscaloosa, but it was finally canceled in the middle of the afternoon. At that time, I went out to the house to make sure everything was okay. While there, I got rid of some old boxes that were not needed.

It is amazing how seeing a rattlesnake heightens my awareness of my surroundings. When I go to the house now, I make sure I watch where I'm walking so I won't step on something that might not be in my best interest. If I see a limb laying on the ground, I give it a little extra look. I don't know how long this carefulness will last, but it wouldn't hurt anything if I kept it up. Perhaps the fright was a wake up call.

We received a call from the Realtor this morning wanting to know if having an open house on Sunday would be okay. We said absolutely, and we would make sure everything was in good condition. She said the market is starting to look better, and they are going to really start pushing the house. Hey, Terri only needs one buyer. Find that one buyer and we will be happy. If this open house does not sell the house, they plan to do a couple more before the end of the year. I hope it doesn't take that long.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Freeport, Maine: Birthplace Of The State Of Maine

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: