Friday, September 19, 2008

Rock Chips

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 68 degrees, high 80 degrees, cloudy

Today was one of those days where we didn't have much to do. But I don't feel badly about it because of how hard we have worked this summer.

There was a threat of rain all day, but it never took place. Over the years, the truck has suffered some rock chips on the paint. I picked up some touch up paint to repair those chips, but held off on the repairs because of the possibility of rain. In addition, the hitch on the RV could stand some fresh paint, so I got a can of spray paint for that. I'll do that little bit of maintenance when the weather is better.

I watched some of the Ryder Cup golf matches today. To my surprise, the USA is leading the Europeans 5 1/2 points to 2 1/2 points after the first day. Tiger Woods is not playing this year because of his knee injury. Who knows, maybe the new players on the USA team are better suited for this type of play.

The stock market was up again today, primarily because of the government bailing out some big companies. I don't know about everyone else, but in a free market economy like what we are supposed to have in this country, it doesn't seem right that the taxpayers are saving the bacon of these companies. What I would rather see is the companies broken up into smaller entities, and the people responsible for their collapse go to jail. Remember Enron?

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Greenville, Alabama: The Camellia City

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: