Sunday, September 14, 2008

Bye Bye, T-Shirt

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 77 degrees, high 89 degrees, mostly cloudy, showers late in the day

We went to the house around noon time to make sure everything was okay. A little touch up was done, then we left it to the Realtor to do her best. As of the writing of this post, we had not heard anything.

Later in the afternoon, we went to Birmingham with Terri to pick up Thomas after his visit with his dad over the weekend. It is amazing how much lighter the traffic was today compared to Friday. Gas continues to increase in price, and we saw one station that advertised prices of $4.59 per gallon for regular. Whew! Most of the stations in the Tuscaloosa area are charging $3.99 to $4.29 per gallon. Diesel hasn't gone up in price, and in some places has actually gone down.

Does anyone besides me have favorite clothes they like to wear? I'm talking about clothes that have been around for a long time, with all of the new worn off, soft and pliable, maybe with a few holes, spots, and stains. Yesterday, I was wearing a t-shirt like that. As we were on our way home, Carolyn told me that shirt had to go. What? Get rid of a perfectly good shirt that I've only had for 6-7 years? It's hardly worn, and is just now getting comfortable. She said it had holes and stains, and was stretched. Out with it! I said farewell to a perfectly good shirt, but I have to watch her. She may do a stealth mission while I'm out and make others disappear. I'm going to have to find a good hiding place for my favorites. Or put my foot down. Don't tell her I wrote this.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Bartow, Florida: The Capitol Of Imperial Polk County

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: