Sunday, September 28, 2008

First Year Of Retirement

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 55 degrees, high 83 degrees, mostly clear skies

This week is the week that I'm celebrating as my official retirement date from the work force. Or should I say retirement from getting paid for working. The last six months have been some of the hardest physical work I have done in many years. This time last year, I had an appointment with Social Security to talk about my options for SS retirement. After discussing several scenarios, I decided to go ahead and sign up for retirement. The last time I worked for pay was in May of 2007, and I was holding off on signing up for SS in the event that I decided to go back to work. Now, if we can finish up everything here so we can find out what real retirement is like, life will be good.

It looks like the politicians are going to pass a bill on the bailout of Wall Street and the banks. I sure hope it's not a mistake. I think the last thing we need is to hand a BIG pile of money to people who have proven that they are only interested in what is in it for them. Of course, that sounds a lot like the politicians, doesn't it? Do any of the politicians listen to the people they supposedly represent?

Did anyone see the article in the news about PETA urging Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream to use human breast milk to make their ice cream? That's enough to make me give up ice cream. And I love ice cream. Where do these crazy folks get their ideas?

Today was a rather slow day, and we haven't heard anything on how the Open House went. Terri and Thomas came over in the afternoon and we had a nice visit, looking at pictures and remembering. Thomas has been suffering with allergies, but seems better today.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Austin, Texas: Live Music Capital of the World

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: